Beth Camp Historical Fiction

Thursday, October 18, 2012

October 18: Time


Chuck Segars said, “Calendars
are for careful people, not passionate ones.”
I imagine ripping a calendar apart,
tearing the pages away to those moments
that cannot be held by 24 hours
or measured tick-tock:
When you said, “Enough about
me, tell me about you.”
When you held our child
for the first time and crooned
lullabye-and-good-night,
you, my love, my center.
Yes, my life’s been ruled by work
commitments and deadlines,
all those hours of commuting,
totting up and keeping track,
I would rather walk with you along the wetlands,
morning or night, mesmerized,
I unfold myself to you and see
Van Gogh stars – infinity. 

Today's prompt from Octpowrimo asks us to explore a sense of time. Today marks the anniversary, just one year, of my sister's husband's death. I remain so aware that every day is precious. Read what others have written here

No comments:

Post a Comment