Beth Camp Historical Fiction

Monday, July 08, 2013

Summer phone call . . .

Sure, I’ll make the salsa:
Two green onions, chopped fine.
Three ripe tomatoes,
I picked them this morning,
diced and pulped just a little.
Half a cup of cilantro.
A bud of garlic, minced, salt, 
a smidge of red pepper flakes.
The last ingredient, a squeezed lime.
Oh, how I wish for a ripe mango
fresh from the market,
diced and mixed in.
Bring some Rosarita’s and a few bottles
of beer. Yes, Dos Equis, Amber.
We’ll sit out back on the patio
as the afternoon fades to dusk
and watch the deer come out to graze.

5 comments:

  1. As beautiful as ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, Beth, and I see we make our salsa just about the same way. I think mine might have more hot pepper, definitely not a smidge anyway. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! It puts me in mind of a salsa competition we had one summer at the guest ranch where I worked - with ingredients fresh out of the garden. Not that I had any clue how to make salsa, but it was fun. Good times!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:17 PM

    Nice. This made my evening. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't any deer to watch , sadly .
    But it sounds perfect !

    ReplyDelete